The health and safety measures explained below illustrate the systems and practices in place at the Northern Lights CSDC schools and offices. These measures follow the recommendations of the Public Health Offices and the Department of Education.
Wearing the mask
Wearing masks is a choice for students, staff and visitors to the Council. The Northern Lights CSDC will continue to provide protective equipment (masks, goggles, etc.) to its staff and students who choose to wear them.
Some people will choose to wear the mask for personal, medical, public health office or health care provider referral, or other reasons. We encourage all of you to be respectful of others' choices as we navigate this next phase of the pandemic.
For more information on the situations that require the wearing of a mask, consult the web page What to do if you have been exposed to COVID-19.
Hand washing or disinfection
Frequent and proper hand washing is a best practice promoted and practiced in our schools.
- Many classrooms have sinks for hand washing.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer (DMBA) with an alcohol concentration of at least 60% is available at several locations in the school.
- Staff will teach good hygiene and health practices to students regularly.
Handwashing video clip: https://youtu.be/tx0MrmmT5Pg External link
Cleaning and disinfection
The Council's protocols for cleaning and disinfection during the pandemic remain unchanged.
Our ventilation systems
The ventilation systems in the CSDCAB schools and offices are second to none.
- All ventilation systems are equipped with Merv-13 filters and ultra-violet filtration
- Les systèmes de ventilation de nos écoles font un changement d’air automatisé au minimum de 4 à 6 fois par heure
- Toutes nos salles de classes et bureaux sont munis des filtres HEPA portatifs.
- Once a week, the ventilation and heating systems are checked to ensure that they are working properly.
- The ventilation systems are checked quarterly to ensure that they are operating optimally.
For more information, please visit the Ventilation report (French only) of the CSDCAB.