- whose first language learned and still understood is French; or
- who received his or her primary school education in French in Canada; or
- whose child has received or is receiving primary or secondary school instruction in French in Canada.
If neither parent meets one of the criteria listed above, they may still apply. The first step is to contact the principal of the school where you would like to apply. The application will then be reviewed by the Board through an admissions committee.
To be admitted to the elementary school a student must:
- have reached the age of 4 by December 31 of the current school year to be enrolled in kindergarten;
- have reached the age of 5 before December 31 of the current school year to be enrolled in the garden;
- have reached the age of 6 by December 31 of the current school year to be enrolled in Grade 1.