Affectation permanente à temps plein (1,00), dans un poste non-syndiqué à 10 mois. L'affectation débutera dès que le poste sera comblé.
The person in this position will be under the supervision of the Wellness and Inclusion Department. Primary responsibilities will be to:
- act as a consultant to parents, students, teachers, principals and other professionals of the Board
- Conduct speech-language pathology assessments and make appropriate recommendations and referrals
- Conduct speech and language screenings of kindergarten students and make recommendations and appropriate referrals
- ongoing support for the implementation of language stimulation sessions in schools (e.g., training, planning, modeling, monitoring)
- monitor students with oral and/or written language and speech disorders
- provide direct interventions to students (e.g., group therapy, technique demonstrations) and recommend interventions to Student Services staff
- Participate in the planning, implementation and evaluation of interventions in a multidisciplinary setting, including some Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- liaise with community organizations and agencies
- participate in the professional development of Council staff
- good knowledge of the Ontario education environment and relevant resources
- good knowledge of French and English, both oral and written
- ability to use new information technologies
- ability to work in a team in a multidisciplinary context
- excellent interpersonal relationships
- have a valid driver's license and be willing to travel frequently within the Council and the province
- Graduate degree in Science or Arts with a concentration in speech-language pathology or graduate degree in speech-language pathology and audiology
- Member in good standing of the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario
Under Regulation 322/02, every person employed by a school board is required to provide a criminal history record, issued within the last six months before taking office.
Remuneration according to the terms and conditions of employment for non-unionized staff in force, with annual salaries ranging from 61,223 $ to 76,530 $.
Interested candidates are asked to send a letter of application and a resume in French, to the attention of the Human Resources Department, by email to: email@example.com
Please note that the Council will only contact those individuals who are selected as candidates.
The Conseil scolaire de district catholique des Aurores boréales is committed to employment equity. We strongly encourage women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. In accordance with Citizenship and Immigration Canada requirements, all qualified applicants are invited to apply; however, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Email to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org